It still feels like yesterday that Matthew proposed to me on a beautiful sunny day. Nobody will tell you this, but I will. PLANNING might very well be the hardest part of the whole wedding. Deciding when to have our engagement party has been difficult.(To be discussed in a future blog so look out.) My dear aunt requested that if we had one, that it be in the few weeks during the year that she visits from New Mexico. Unfortunately, circumstances did not allow this but Aunt Joyce, you will be there in spirit when we do have it, and I know you will come out for the wedding.
There are three people in my family that became engaged prior to me in addition to Monica & Jason (my best friend of twenty-one years {as of 2010}, and Matt's brother) These four weddings are all in the upcoming year, I decided that it would be very unfair to both families, if we had our wedding around then. Therefore, we are looking at a springtime wedding in the year 2012. This would allow my gorgeous twin nephews to be just old enough to be ring bearers.
Sweet Matthew is not so fond of a 2 year engagement and neither am I. However, we are saving up and not being shopaholics (like yours truly usually is.) Additionally, he keeps urging that we push up our anticipated date, forgetting the other factors involved.
In this month we have also visited the jeweler who made my lovely engagement ring to inquire about the wedding band. Very soon I know, but a first time bride needs to know what is so. Fortunately, I can rest on the wedding band for about 18 months. PHEW. As for other things..... STRESS CITY. What items to add to a registry; at least there is plenty of time for that as well, who to invite to the engagement party, and much much more. I promise however, that this blog will not become a place where I vent my frustrations, concerns, or problems, rather a place where I share my joy and happiness, because NOBODY likes a BRIDEZILLA!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment