Monday, April 19, 2010

The Beautiful Proposal



Early on in my relationship with Matthew, we discussed marriage. Well, it was he slightly more than me. I was the person who said we should make sure we take the time to get to know each other, to make sure it was the best decision and that we were not rushing things. At around the 4.5 month marker, he suggested that we go "looking" at engagement rings to get an idea of what I liked. At this point in time Monica and Jason have become engaged. We went to numerous jewelry stores and we became knowledgeable in the C's of Diamonds (carat, cut, color, clarity). I had a hunch that a proposal was coming and very much expected it when we planed to dine out for our 6 month anniversary together. He knew that I was expecting it so he proposed to me sooner. The weekend before our anniversary, he asked what parks I liked ad suggested that we go out for a picnic. We bought supplies and I prepared sandwiches for it. On the car ride there he was acting very suspicious. (When I asked Matthew if he would hold my phone and ipod as my shorts had no pockets, he got very paranoid when I went to put it in his pants.) I think at that moment I suspected a proposal was going to occur that day. After we finished eating he put the cooler back in the car and then we went walking through Silver Lake Park. As we were crossing the bridge, he said, "baby, I have something to ask you..." He bent down on one knee, took the ring out of his pocket and said, "I love you, will you marry me?" to which I said yes.

And so the story of our lives as an engaged couple, planning a wedding begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment