Sunday, April 18, 2010

How we Met


In the summer of 2009, during a fourth of July barbecue at my best friend Monica's sister's house, I met her boyfriend Jason for the first time. A few months later I became aware that Jason had an older brother around my age, and when I saw his picture I asked if he was single. He was and they introduced us, not before I bumped into him where he worked and I recognized him. That day, I was not dressed my best as I was helping my sister with her twin boys, then only 6 months old. It was that evening that Jason and Monica asked Matthew if he would be interested in going out with me. He was One reason how I knew Matthew was not shallow about appearances.

Usually, I hate set-ups. But in this case I saw something different in Matthew than I had seen in anybody else. He was shy and was a gentleman & I saw long term potential.

I was scared at first, I did not want to get hurt as I had numerous times before, but my heart said to give him a chance. I went into the relationship hoping and expecting for the best which is what I got. Matthew has shown me kindness and affection more than any person I dated in my past. We started living together very early on (about the three week point). It just did not feel right not seeing him every day.

Moreover, the more time I spent with Matthew, the more I fell in love with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment